Are You Resilience Ready?
Resilience Ready reveals a framework for how these principles have helped me and other leaders get through the greatest challenges of our generation.
This book does not teach you the nuts and bolts of creating or implementing an operational crisis or disaster recovery plan. Resilience Ready guides you in how to build your personal resilience skill, so you are equipped and ready to lead with the resilience your team needs. These resilience principles integrate with servant leadership principles so that stronger, more humane leaders and organizations emerge.
Resilience Ready begins by revealing in Part 1 the crisis we face with leaders who are ill-equipped to lead their organizations through adversity, which we will continue to experience at a more rapid pace than ever before. I discuss the impact and the contributors to this resilient leadership crisis.
Part 2 of this book introduces the solution to this leadership crisis, the Resilience Ready Leader’s Guide. This guide lays out a framework for building leadership talent capable of steering your organization through even the most extreme adverse situations with resilience. The roadmap begins with developing your personal resilience skill around a set of essential resilience principles. These principles and associated servant leadership practices give you a foundation and toolkit for growing resilience across your teams and within your organizational culture.
You are in the middle of a crisis right now, and…
- Stress from the uncertainty and fear are threatening your well-being.
- Stress from uncertainty and demanding workloads are threatening the well-being of your team and organization.
- You are struggling to be the resilient leader your team needs.
- Your leadership approach to the crisis is void of humanity. You struggle with how to connect to and support your team.
- You are constantly worried and distressed about the crisis.
- You feel like you, your team, and/or your organization are stuck figuring out how to get through the crisis in one piece (and don’t know how to get unstuck).
You are not in a crisis right now, and…
- You want to reflect on your resilience during a recent crisis, identifying where you might need extra attention.
- You know resilience was missing in your leadership during a recent crisis and there were negative outcomes that you don’t want to repeat.
- You want to make sure you’re ready for the next crisis around the corner.
- You need to ensure the leadership teams within your organization are prepared to lead with resilience as future crises emerge.
- You need to strengthen your leadership development programs by integrating the resilient leadership principles in this book.
- You are aware that resiliency is a critical skill to build across your organization.
Based on the #1 best selling book, Resilience Ready: The Leader’s Guide to Thriving Through Unrelenting Crises, this hands-on companion resource guides you through putting the five Resilience Ready Principles into action today, enabling you to build your resilience skill in real time.
This workbook is a must-have step-by-step guide to process your reflections on the Consider This activities throughout the Resilience Ready book and the Rapid Start Activities at the end of each chapter for the Resilience Ready Principles.
As a bonus, additional application activities are introduced only in this workbook to help you Deepen Your Readiness.
The result? You’ll be on the path to building a Resilience Ready team that can…
- Rally around a meaningful Purpose with a positive, “can do” Perspective.
- Pull together in Partnership to Persevere against all odds.
- Accomplish more in a culture of Praise.
- Overcome the overwhelm, recover quickly, and get faster results!
VIVIAN BLADE MBA, MBB, PMP • AUTHOR • PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER • COACH • CONSULTANT
Vivian Blade, MBA, MBB, PMP is a recognized leadership expert and thought leader. She works with the world’s top brands, equipping leaders with the resilience that inspires teams to recover quickly in the face of ongoing disruption and thrive in spite of insurmountable odds. Her impact is felt as a frequent speaker for association conferences, and in delivering transformative leadership development programs, executive coaching and consulting for corporations.
In the face of her own crisis following a successful 20-year corporate career with Fortune 100 companies, Humana and GE, Vivian launched her current leadership consulting practice, applying her extensive business, finance and leadership experience to coach and develop aspiring and established leaders in building high-performance, high-quality and high-service level organizations. She also works in academia as Adjunct Faculty for the University of Louisville College of Business.